Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kristen Stewart Cast In Joan Jett Biopic



Kristen Stewart has been tapped to portray influential rock n' roll star Joan Jett in the upcoming biopic The Runaways, after the 1970's all-female band.

Written and slated to be directed by Italian music video director Floria Sigismondi, the pic will follow the rise and fall of the band that changed perceptions of how successful an all-girl hard rock band could be. Jett will executive produce, and the movie is looking at a 2009 start date that will work around the shooting of the Twilight sequels that Stewart is already attached to.

After the dissolution of the Runaways, Jett went on to form the Blackhearts and scored with hits such as "I Love Rock N' Roll" and "I Hate Myself For Loving You." She continues to record and tour today.

Stewart's been on my list of young guns to watch (and remains one of my favorite actors) since 2002's Panic Room, but it was the 2004 Showtime movie Speak where I really saw her come into her own as an actor. While I'm happy about the success of Twilight - and I'm not bashing the movie - but here's hoping that The Runaways will give her a little something more to do than pine whilst looking nauseous.

0 comments: